1. Abu Sir papyri: literature list on these papyri.
2. Aleph: what was the phonological value of the alef (the 3 or A)?
3. Deities and Constellations: about astronomical deities en constellation figures.
4. Faience: literature list on faience.
5. Father-daughter marriages: did these really occure, what did 'Great Wife' mean in this context, and did some pharaohs father children with their daughters?
6. Hatshepsut and Thutmosides (Part I and II): was there a conflict between Hatshepsut and Thutmose III or not? What were the reign lenghts of Thutmose I and II? Was the KV60 mummy really that of Hatshepsut? (incl. a very clarifying note from the excavator, Donald Ryan)
7. m3'.t xrw: about this tricky term, that can occure on objects made while the 'justified' one was still alive.
8. Name of Akhnaton: on the rendering and meaning of the name of the Heretic Pharaoh.
9. Pluralities of Deities: about the AE concept of nTr, about monolatry, henotheism and syncretism.
10. rmT.t: was there a Middle Egyptian collective _rmT.t_?
11. Sandals and smelting: an enigmatic text from the tomb of Ankhmahor.
12. Thera and Hyksos: dating the Thera eruption, its effects, and possible links with the Hyksos and Ahmose.
13. Tutankhamon's Parentage (Part I and II): another look at this much debated matter (cf. KV55 thread in March'98.
14. DNA+chronology: two long and interesting posts, one on the problems around DNA testing, and one on new research in the Mesopotamian/Anatolian field and what that spells for one synchronism with Egypt.
15. Miscellaneous: about Egyptian genealogy, about Khasekhemui on the Palermo stone, and some other unanswered questions and unsettled matters.
16. EEF NEWS: issues 4 to 6
17. Administrativa: announcements by the moderator, by members (personals or offtopics), by authors and publishers (new books), by institutions (jobs, lectures, etc.).
1. Coptic questions/transcription/fonts: questions about the Coptic language, about transcription of Coptic letters and about Coptic fonts.
2. Erecting Obelisks: how did they do it? (literature).
3. King versus Ruler: about the titles _nsw_ and _Hqa_.
4. Prince Ankhhaf and 4th dyn. kings: of which king was vizir Ankhhaf the son and who was king Bicheris?; about the many uncertainties surrounding dyn. 4 royal family relations.
5. The kinship term _sn(.t)_: about the meaning and origin of this word, about brothers, sisters and the title _sn(t) nsw_.
6. Miscellaneous: about the mastaba of Meruka, The Book of Hidden Pearls, Egyptian astrology, Religious Purity, and some (other) unanswered questions and unsettled matters.
7. EEF NEWS: issues 7 and 8
8. Administrativa: announcements by the moderator, by members (personals or offtopics), by authors and publishers (new books), by institutions (jobs, lectures, etc.).
1. 12th dynasty mainline genealogy: the family relations of the 12th dyn. kings.
2. BM Pap. EA 10247 + CGC: about the papyrus "Voyage d'un Egyptien" (P Anastasi I, "a Satirical Letter") and about the Catalogue General du Musee du Caire.
3. Dahshur discovery: the Japanese discoveries in Dahshur (tomb of Ip3y).
4. Graduate Programs: USA Graduate Programs in Egyptology.
5. Heracleopolis Parva: about the identification of this city, and about Ezbet Rushdi el Saghira.
6. Military workshops: info on AE weapon workshops/production centers in the NK.
7. Dr. Saleh Q&As: questions to, and answers from, Dr. Mohamed Saleh, Director General Egyptian Museum Cairo.
8. Some AE titles + Triumph of Horus: wondering about the titles _hq3 hwt_, _Smsw_ and _HAty-a_, and inquiries about a modern performance of 'The Triumph of Horus' play.
9. Miscellaneous: questions on the AE family [weblinks on women and gender] and some (other) unaswered questions and unsettled matters. If you have any answers, feel free to reopen a thread!
10. EEF NEWS: issues 9, 10 and 11
11. Administrativa: announcements by the moderator, by members (personals or offtopics), by authors and publishers (new books), by institutions (jobs, lectures, etc.).
1. Heb Sed of Amenhotep III: concerning this event in particular, and some literature for the Sed festival in general.
2. Learning German and French: two languages required of most AE/ANE undergraduate programs.
3. Lightning in tombs: what lightning sources did the AEs used when decorating tombs?; with an excursion to the famous 'Baghdad batteries'.
4. Cleopatra VII and renumbering kings: about the Desert Exile of Cleopatra VII and about the recent renumbering of Ptolemaic kings (and of some other pharaohs).
5. Emmer + Eating Habits in Egypt: some bibliography for the cultivation and use of grains, and for the AE diet in general.
6. Lands of the Gods and Ka-islands: information about the location and nature of _t3-nTr_ , about the location of _Pwn.t_ (with an short excursion to the Lybian region called Put), and about the term k3-island used for the Punt isle in Shipwrecked Sailor line 114.
7. Neith and Male-female Syncretism: about the goddess Neith, her roles and symbols, and some other examples of androgynous godheads.
8. Tomb Decoration Phases + Decans: bibliography for these two subjects.
9. Blue Water Lilies: the different species of lotusses in Egypt, and whether they had a natural scent.
10. Miscellaneous: about Egypt in Chinese texts, birth-chambers of the gods, the place of foreign tribute, Amarna wrappings, and some other (largely) unanswered questions and unsettled matters.
11. EEF NEWS: issues 12 to 15
12. Administrativa: announcements by the moderator, by members (personals or offtopics), by authors and publishers (new books), by institutions (jobs, lectures, etc.).