1. Horemheb's first wife: concerning the two wives of Horemhab, and the theory of the female role in passing the royal blood (matrilineal succession).
2. AE sport&games: concerning athletic activities (including those of a ritual nature) and boardgames.
3. English Translation Dendera/Edfu?: concerning publications of the texts from the temples of Dendera and Edfu.
4. Empires and Foreign Relations: on what is an Empire, did the Egyptians have one and why; with special attention to relations with Nubia (literature list!).
5. Function of tombs and the ba of Re: on the nature of AE tombs and on whether in the OK, Re is or has a 'ba'.
6. Burials abroad: what happened to Egyptians dying on foreign soil?.
7. Shoes with turned-up noses: where did queen Nutmose get those?
8. Miscellaneous: concerning AE axes (and the markings appearing on them) and the AE composite bow, plus some other - often unanswered - questions.
9. Administrativa: announcements by the moderator, by members (personals or offtopics), by authors and publishers (new books), by institutions (jobs, lectures, etc.).
1. Death abroad or by drowning or by fire: continuation of 'Burials abroad'; more examples of unfortunate AEs dying on foreign soil, and about the fate of those who drowned or were consumed by fire.
2. Pyramid Names: how are the names of OK pyramids to be read and rendered?
3. Nubian Relations: continuation of 'Empires and Foreign relations', now totally focussed on Nubia (with an excursion to chronology and the C-Group).
4. Layout of Funerary Chambers: concerning the unique Nebqed Papyrus and other AE depictions of the layout of tombs.
5. Prince Tuthmose and Shoshenq III: facts about prince Tuthmose (the brother of Akhenaten and son of Amenhotep III) and about Shoshenq III (tomb, reign, buildings).
6. Coloured cloths used in rites: about the coloured cloths and about the Morning Rites and the Meret Chest rites in which they appear.
7. Egyptian perception of the Sothic Cycle: about the Sothic Cycle; was it known to the AEs or an invention of the Greek era?
8. Hyksos; their names, titles, religion
9. KV55, Q&As: who was the body in KV55, and what does it mean for the parentage of Tutankhamon.
10. Sandal pair as symbol: did shoes symbolize something, and the symbolisms of treading on something
11. The Jewish Exile community in Egypt: are there material traces of Jewish presence in Egypt after 587 BC unto Roman times?
12. Miscellaneous: on the sticky stuff on coffins/funerary masks, about mummies for sale, concerning composite bows again, and several alas unanswered questions (feel free to reopen the thread!).
13. Administrativa: announcements by the moderator, by members (personals or offtopics), by authors and publishers (new books), by institutions (jobs, lectures, etc.).
1. ARCE '98: reports on the Annual Meeting of the American Research Center in Egypt, April 24-26, 1998. General overview of the presentations, and two of them in more detail (Osiris scenes + early dynastic objects).
2. Belgian Egyptology: about the state of Egyptology in Belgium, and about the Senhur Project.
3. Clothing and costume: much literature about AE clothing and how it was made.
4. Cultic activities: literature about cultic activities in granaries.
5. Dating Horemhab: about the absolute dating and reign lenght of Horemhab.
6. Sothis and Menophres : continuation of the thread 'Egyptian perception of the Sothic Cycle' of last month; about the ins and outs of Sothis observations and the Era of Menophres.
7. Eclipses and comets: about the 'Repetition of Births', the 'Greatest of Seers' (wr-m33w), lunar and solar eclipses, comets and meteorites, and archaeoastronomy.
8. Gantenbrink: reports on a lecture by Rudolf Gantenbrink, the discoverer of the hidden door/slab in the Great Pyramid, and a statement of RG himself.
9. Garbage: garbage disposal by the Egyptians.
10. Shait and Bat: about the gods Shait and Shai, and about the gods Bat and Hathor.
11. Wepwawet and Sed: about the gods Wepwawet and Sed, and about the name of the Sed Festival.
12. Grasshoppers and locusts: these animals in AE art and literature.
13. Literal Translations I: debates about how to translate AE texts.
14. Literal Translations II: continuation of previous thread, with an excursus to 'Historical Legacy' (compairing the stages of Egyptian history).
15. Panthers and cheetahs: the spotted big cats in AE cults and myths.
16. The Vizier: about the title _T3t.y_ and its meaning.
17. Yale '98: reports on the Middle Kingdom Symposium at Yale, April 3-4, 1998.
18. Some AEL Terms : about the terms _m3`-xrw_ (="vindicated/true of verdict"), _qDm_/_kTm_ (=?), _3x 'pr_/_3x iqr_ (="equipped/excellent spirit"), and _p3w.ty_ (="primeval").
19. Miscellaneous: about wine and pregnancy (FAS), about Empires again (literature), about AE locks, about oral history, about the Dendera Crypt, about Ibn Abd Alhokm (Arabian stories about AE). Mostly unresolved matters/unanswered questions. Can you help?
20. Administrativa: announcements by the moderator, by members (personals or offtopics), by authors and publishers (new books), by institutions (jobs, lectures, etc.).
21 EEF NEWS: issues 1-3; calendar for lectures/exhibitions, website reviews, e.d.