1. Arches and Vaults: the mudbrick arched vaulting of the Ramesseum and its precursors.
2. Female Circumcision: a detailed look at whether female circumcision did happen in Pharaonic Egypt. Plus a few related female issues (sexual organs, shaving).
3. Thutmose, Son of Amenhotep III: a son of Amenhotep III who may have been Heir Apparent but seem to have died young; he left behind a sarcophagus for his pet cat.
4. Semitic Spells in PTs: are some texts in the pyramid of Unas at Saqqara snake spells written in Canaanite?
5. Fountains of the Sun: about John Feeney's film of the last real Nile flood.
6. Cavalry Warfare: a short bibliography about chariot technology and chariot use.
7. Setnakht Year 4: a new stela dated to the 4th year of king Setnakht.
8. Sacrificial Burials: bibliography on the practice of human sacrifice and subsidiary graves for servants.
9. Sneferu's Mummy: are the skeletal remains found in the Red Pyramid of king Sneferu?
10. Tutankhamun's Pectoral: some info on the pectoral clasp and counterweight, plus the ceremonial shields, of the boy-king.
11. French and German: the importance of these two languages (good reading level) for Egyptology students.
12. Anubis and Dreams: is Anubis in anyway associated with the sleeping state?
13. Sed Festival Markers: about those 'horseshoe' shaped constructions in Heb Sed scenes and in actual festival courts.
14. Early Egyptology and Photography: some examples of the early use of photography and film during excavations.
15. Mirrors: short bibliography on mirrors.
16. Sphinx's Dating: did Khafre built the Great Sphinx?
17. Miscellaneous: Amarna letters translations, durum wheat, and some other (largely unanswered) questions and unsettled matters.
18. EEF NEWS: issues 439-442.
19. Administrativa: announcements by the moderator, by members (websites, personals or offtopics), by authors and publishers (new books), by institutes (jobs, lectures, exhibitions, etc.).
1. Creation of Mankind: insight into the ancient Egyptian explanation of how Man came about.
2. Champollion and the Rosetta Stone: Champollion never saw the actual Stone while he was working on his decipherment.
3. Aziru of Amurru: the fate of this king from the Amarna Letters.
4. Nile in AE Illustrations: depictions of the Nile in ancient Egyptian scenes.
5. Baketaton's Parentage: who were the parents of princess Beketaten?
6. King's Son of Kush: some considerations about this royal plenipotentiary / viceroy title.
7. Akhmim Temple: some literature on the temple of Min at Akhmim.
8. Pyschological Approaches to AE: the examination of Ancient Egyptian concepts & persons using various psychological theories.
9. Amarna Statuary: fragments of statues from the temples of Amarna have been found.
10. Ptahemwia: a new late dyn. 18 tomb at Saqqara, and a look at other monuments of the tomb's owner Ptahemwia.
11. MMA Battle Reliefs: info on two battle reliefs in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.
12. Flintknapping scenes: depictions of flint-working.
13. Miscellaneous: the tomb of Senedjem, what is a sarcophagus, modern AE name jokes, and some other (largely unanswered) questions and unsettled matters.
14. EEF NEWS: issues 443-446.
15. Administrativa: announcements by the moderator, by members (websites, personals or offtopics), by authors and publishers (new books), by institutes (jobs, lectures, exhibitions, etc.).
1. Titles and Legal Punishment: bibliographies on ranks & titles and on law & punishment.
2. Pehu Regions: nomes, arable land (_w_) and marshland (_pHw_).
3. Hyksos called Asiatics: Egyptian texts that say that the Hyksos were Asiatics (_aAmw_), and the relation between the Hyksos and the title _HqAw xAswt_.
4. Obsidian Artefacts: a few examples of the use of obsidian in Ancient Egypt.
5. Animal Mummies as Gods: were (votive) animal mummies looked upon as gods (i.e. called _nTrw_), or were only living (temple) animals called thus?
6. Varans and Crocodiles: crocodiles in the modern Nile, and the status of varans and other lizards in ancient Egypt.
7. Egyptomania (2): ancient Egyptian symbols used in modern logos.
8. Libyan Desert Glass (3): the potential use and potential naming in ancient Egypt of Libyan Desert Glass.
9. Amenemhat's Parentage: who were the parents of Sehetibre Amenemhat I?
10. Fayum Lakes: were there one or two lakes in the Fayum?
11. Aten in Karnak: the name of the Aten attested (as freestanding cartouche) in Karnak.
12. Miscellaneous: the remains of Ay, short sleeve garments, Budge's illustrations, Yey as father of Yuya, Saharan rock art, and some other (largely unanswered) questions and unsettled matters.
13. EEF NEWS: issues 447-451.
14. Administrativa: announcements by the moderator, by members (websites, personals or offtopics), by authors and publishers (new books), by institutes (jobs, lectures, exhibitions, etc.).
1. Lunar Dates and Chronology: can lunar dates really be used for calculating the absolute year dates of various pharaohs? And are recorded lunar dates (and phyle services) based on actual observation or on calculations?
2. Guards of the VoK: about possible guard stations and forts in the Valley of the Kings.
3. Thera, Tharo, and Ptolemy: pieces of Theran pumice have been found in N. Sinai. And about the link between Thera and Ptolemy IV.
4. Pyramid Building, Interal Ramp Theory: about the idea of Jean-Pierre Houdin that the Geat Pramid was built 'inside out'.
5. Netjeriket: how and when did Horus Netjerikhet came to be refered to as Djoser?
6. Female Education: did girls get any kind of education? Could they read or write?
7. Abydos, Boats and Name of: what is the date of the buried boats discovered in Abydos, and what is the meaning of the town's name (_AbDw_)?
8. Sneferu's Wives: did Sneferu marry one of his (grand)daughters?
9. Animal Intelligence: how did the ancient Egyptians rate the mental capabilities of animals?
10. Monopods: about the use of monopods at archaeological/touristic sites.
11. Theban Temples: some bibliography about Theban temples and their plans.
12. Apophis, Tao, and Inyotef: how many kings called Apophis and Tao did exist -- multiple persons or in each case one with different prenomens? And what was the relationship between the dyn. 17 kings called Inyotef?
13. Ramesses VI, VII, IX, and XI: about the reign lenghts of these Ramesside kings.
14. Circumcision Age: about the age at which boys were circumcised, and about scenes showing circumcision.
15. Hemiunu and Imhotep: some info on statues and titles of these two gentlemen.
16. Miscellaneous: KV18, tree goddesses, ka statues for women, the Malqata palace, and some other (largely unanswered) questions and unsettled matters.
17. EEF NEWS: issues 452-455.
18. Administrativa: announcements by the moderator, by members (websites, personals or offtopics), by authors and publishers (new books), by institutes (jobs, lectures, exhibitions, etc.).